Obtain Residency in China - Updated for 2021
Obtain residency in ChinaUpdated on Tuesday 11th May 2021
Rate this article
based on 1 reviews
based on 1 reviews
In order to live in China, a person must obtain a residence permit. Chinese legislation offers several options for residency, according on how long you plan to stay in China. Our Chinese lawyers can provide the legal support that is necessary if you want to obtain a Chinese residence permit. Also, guidance for business formation and registration in China can be offered by our specialists.
Types of Residence Permits in China in 2021
The Chinese law offers three types of residence permits to foreign citizens, interested in living in China for a longer period of time. In order to have the right to live in China, all foreign citizens must have a residence permit, which can be obtained in 30 days upon the arrival. We advise you to be legally represented by our lawyers in China, who can offer you the legal support in obtaining the type of residence permit you need in 2021.
- Temporary Residence Permit – This type of permit is valid for 6 to 12 months, and it is usually issued for foreigners arrived here for studying or for job trainings.
- Foreigner Residence Permit – The permit is available for one year and it can be renewed every year. It is issued for foreigners who are working in China.
- Permanent Residence Permit – Also known as “China Green Card” or “D Visa”, it offers the right to permanently stay in China, but it does not provide the right to be a Chinese citizen. After 2012, the Chinese government issued a regulation according to which the Green Card holders can benefit from the same rights (such as education, employment, housing) as the Chinese citizen. Our law firm in China can give further information about the permanent residence permit conditions, if you are interested in moving here for an undetermined period of time.
Documents required when applying for a residence permit in China
According to the type of residence permit you need, the documentation required may be different. For example, when applying for a Green Card, you have to present the proof that you are a high level professional in your area of expertise. However, all applications must contain the following documents:
- a valid passport, indicating the type of residence permit you are applying for,
- a passport photo,
- a residence registration,
- an application form.
Our law firm in China can offer you an insight on the Chinese residence permit legislation, helping you choose the best option, according to your plans for 2021. Please contact our Chinese lawyers, who can guide you into obtaining a residence permit in China.