There are many business possibilities in China for many entrepreneurs interested in generating profits in this part of Asia. Citizens from USA must comply with the immigration rules of China. Moreover, US nationals can get in touch with our Chinese lawyers
and solicit complete legal advice and assistance for relocation to China
. If interested in starting a business in China, feel free to discuss with us all the formalities.
Types of visas for US citizens entering China
Citizens from USA interested in traveling to China should pay attention to the visa requirements in this matter. The 10-year multiple-entry visa is available to those who want to enter China, Hong Kong, and Macau. However, it is also required to own a valid visa to exit China, as the immigration rules in this matter are quite strict. Here are the main Chinese visas to consider:
- The business visa – the M type visa is issued for trade or business activities, while the F type visa is required for US citizens who are interested in study tours, cultural or scientific exchanges, lectures, or investigations.
- The student visa – US students attending colleges in China for less than 6 months must apply for this kind of visa.
- Work visa – the Z visa is issued under certain conditions, like having a sponsor which is normally the company that hires the US citizen. A temporary residence permit will then be issued.
- The transit visa – US citizens transiting China must apply for this kind of visa. This is also known as the G visa.
- The tourist visa – this is the L visa that has a validity of 2 years, and that allows US citizens to freely travel in most of the Chinese regions.
The Chinese visa application
can be made in person or represented with a power of attorney. It is important to note that the visa applications made via email are not accepted. You can talk to one of our lawyers in China
for all the aspects referring to immigration in China
What are the eligibility criteria for China immigration?
The eligibility criteria are imposed depending on the duration of the stay in China
. The main obligation is to obtain permanent residency in China
, in respect with a few requirements. The applicants must have a clear criminal record and provide information about the financial status. Persons with a full-time job in China must obtain the permanent residence in China. Business persons from USA who make investments for at least 3 consecutive years are eligible for permanent residency in China
. All the aspects related to immigration in China
can be discussed with one of our Chinese attorneys
. You can direct your inquiries to our team and let us help you with the formalities related to immigration in China
if you are from US. Here are a few formalities to consider:
- • A certificate showing a clear criminal record, authenticated by the embassy or consulate is required.
- • A health certificate issued by a medical institute and validated by the Chinese consulate is needed.
- • The US citizen must have a valid passport.
- • The application for permanent residency can be made in person or by a representative with a power of attorney.
What US citizens must do after entering China
Citizens from US immigrating to China
must follow a few steps right after they enter China. First of all, there is the obligation of registering with the Chinese police within 24 hours of the entry. Otherwise, US nationals can pay fines or be deported right away. There is also the obligation of permanently having the identification documents, wherever you may go in China. The Chinese authorities and even administrators and other officials have the right to check if your visa is still valid. Also, it is important to note that China does not recognize the dual nationality, therefore, one must present an American passport and a valid visa for China
. All the details you need to know about immigration to China from US
can be offered by our team of lawyers in China
who can also assist you throughout the entire formalities to enter this country. We have also gathered facts and figures about immigration to China
that you might find it interesting:
- There are more than 1.4 billion people living in China.
- Around 95 million people were foreign nationals in China in 2018, according to merics.org.
- Citizens from US, Korea, Vietnam, Russia, the Middle East, Latin America, Europe, and Australia are part of the immigrants in China.
US nationals interested in immigration to China
are recommended to ask for legal advice and support from a Chinese lawyer
. You can contact us
at any time, as we can assist you throughout the procedures involved.