In the first quarter of 2017, the Chinese economy grew by 6.9% due to credit increase and property sales. The major industry investments and the start of long-term construction projects are the reasons why the Chinese economy recorded a major growth in Q1 2017. China`s economy witnessed its strongest quarterly performance in the last 18 months, slightly higher than the analysts' expectations. Comprehensive legal advice regarding foreign investments in the local economy can be given to you by our lawyers in China.
The financial analysts and business consultants in China credit the major growth of the Chinese economy to a series of factors. These include the following:
• The industrial production – it rose by 6.8% year on year, with an accelerating increase of 7.6% in March 2017;
• Retail sales – this sector witnessed a 10% growth year on year, with the strongest one also in March;
• Property sales – new home sales grew by 18% in the first quarter of 2017, due to the implementation of curbs on house buying;
• An increase in public expenditures;
• A continuation of structural reforms and active measures for the prevention of financial risks;
• An increase of the consumer price index – by 1.4% year on year in the first quarter and a 0.9% growth in March 2017;
• A significant growth of the producer price index (PPI) of 7.4% year on year in Q1. These figures marked the highest growth of the PPI index since 2008.
There are numerous possibilities for foreign investors to benefit from the growth recorded by the Chinese economy. Our law firm in China can offer you legal support in legislation matters.
According to the Ministry of Commerce, the foreign direct investments in the Chinese economy edged up 1% year on year in the first three months of 2017. The total amount of foreign investments in China reached 226.5 million Yuan in Q1. In the same period, the number of new foreign funded companies grew by 7.2% year on year, reaching a total number of 6,383 wholly foreign owned enterprises. Most foreign direct investments in China where directed towards the service sector.
Businessmen who want to make investments in China are invited to contact our attorneys in China for professional legal advice.
There are no comments